Sunday 26 July 2009

APPA 2009 - Award time!

It's that time of year again, when professional photographers across the country enter the Australian Professional Photography Awards to have their images judged by a panel of their peers. The Canon AIPP APPA attracts hundreds of entries and the AIPP Members who participate in the APPA are able to accrue "award points" which count towards the achievement of Associate and Master status within AIPP.

Roger is already a Master of Photography with three gold bars (M.Photog.III), and this year he recieved two Silver awards to go towards his next gold bar.

My images received one Silver and two Silver with Distinction awards. I have accrued enough points to earn the honour of Associate - which means I can put a few more letters after my name (AAIPP) and wear a fancy yellow ribbon around my neck.

But these awards mean much more than that.

Entering each year challenges us to be better.

Knowing that our images will be compared to those of other photographers from around the country forces us to stay at the forefront in terms of photographic style and technique.

And being able to say that we are the most awarded studio in southwest WA is a really nice feeling too...

Below is one of the images I entered (and one of my favourite shots of the year). It scored 89 - one point away from Gold...

Enjoy!

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment